To improve support version 1.6 will contain the possibility of importing and exporting save games. Whenever you have a problem with the game and are asked to send me your saved games, you can do so by following the instructions found here: https://lootbox-rpg.com/export-import-save-game/
I am not sure if this works out, but you will find a support forum on this page from now on. So please share your thoughts (and bugs) with the community (and me of course).
You can still contact me via the support e-mail address of course.
New with 1.5
- save games can now be deleted
- added more hints on magic
- strength bonus on weapons is now capped
- runeboards can be resetted on static levels
- the royal gardens can now be entered with any weapon in the inventory
- end player’s turn when using an item out of the inventory or from a hotslot
- only show special effects if they really take hold (stun, poison etc.)
- check for lightsource in combat only if it’s really dark
- correct language flag display
- many more fixes
- more content is in the works!
Here is how you can reskill your character: Take the south exit of the Throne Room to the royal gardens. The Master of Spirits can be found in the east part of the courtyard. Approach him and touch him to interact.
He will reset your skillpoints and they are free to distribute again. Have fun playing with this possibility because it can be done again and again without paying anything.
When you approach level 20, you will probably get the first magic runes. Some creatures in the fairy forest have some, some creatures in the other dungeons as well. They are rare, so keep searching.
In the Grave Lord’s chamber there is a runeboard to be found. Get the runeboard. Then look for a Power I rune and a Fire Rune. As soon as you have found these runes, use your runeboard and assign the runes to the free slots. Afterwards, tap on the Power rune and on the Fire rune and then cast the spell. If that is not working, make sure that you have the skill Petty Magic already – and assigned at least 1 skill point to it.
Petty Magic is necessary for Power I spells, Higher Magic is needed for Power II spells.
A good way to learn more about spells and their runes is to find the fairy maiden in the fairy forest. She has a book that is quite useful.
I am releasing 1.4 right now. On the Google PlayStore it will be available within the next hours. Apple… well, who knows 😉
New with 1.4
- unique item doesn’t drop anymore if player already has it
- new NPC in the throne room who will reset your skillpoints
- UI adjustments for landscape mode
- increased loot chance for certain items (esp. runes)
- added scorpions to the lair of the rat king
- fixed a bug with level generation (player can’t find exit)
- using the novice runeboard now adds a spell to the player
- new mob fairy mistress in the fairy forest that drops the book of the arcane
- new item book of the arcane who teaches you petty magic spells when being used
- smoother camera movement
- some more bugfixes
New with 1.3
- Crypt of Castle Cranbourgh now ends on level 10
- Some more help texts before entering the maze
- fixed a problem with the load game option showing too few slots
- creatures don’t automatically land critical hits when player defense is still at 0
- added padding option to leave some space at the top of the screen for some special smartphones
Please don’t worry if your preferred store can’t provide you with the most current version. I’m doing my best to keep all in sync. At the moment, Lootbox RPG is available on Apple’s AppStore, googles PlayStore and on Amazon.
With v1.2 some minor fixes came. The most important one is the fix for the 50 turns healing potion. It should work now and give you 5 health points every turn.
In addition, I’ve uploaded a gameplay video to the Apple AppStore.
If you have a mobile gaming site and need some news, I will gladly provide you with more information on Lootbox – and a promotional code as well 😉
The first update with some convenience just hit the store.
– Rune Slots are now shown correctly
– Changed language flags
– Corrected some translations
– Extended Stat and Skill description
– Show enemies even if no light source is active
Lootbox is a nice little dungeon crawler that will take you directly to hell. Being one of His Great Unholinesses sons, you are about to set on a quest that will lead you to various places until you finally have the chance to help your father defend the realm against its enemies. If you want it or not. So, do as you are commanded, naughty brat.
The satisfying dungeon crawler is here!
“Oh no, an incoming call!”
no real time decisions, you can safely interrupt the game at any point.
“So late already?”
no need to exit the game, a real world clock can be switched on optionally.
“What? I AM DEAD?”
No permadeath, this is no rogue-clone. You can load/save at any time, or return to safety without losing all your money or equipped items.
“Damn! I died and I forgot to save!”
The game is autosaved every level, don’t panic.
“If I only could teach those damn rats what I’ve learned…”
You can come back to your old friends and show them your uber gear.
“Nice game, but my smartphone is over 5 years old…”
The game runs well on older devices, happy playing!
“Where can I buy money?”
Nowhere. This game is OFFLINE and there is NO Pay-To-Win mechanism. Sorry.
“Where is the chatroom?”
There are enough messengers already in the world, right?
“Where do I have to register?”
Register what? This game is OFFLINE. I don’t need your data, thanks anyway.
“Where is the premium version?”
There isn’t. Buy once, play endless.