additional skill points added to Disarm Traps and First Aid with no apparent reason

You have found a bug in the game? You can report it here! Please provide your device and your OS (e.g. Samsung XII, Android 7.2.1 or iPhone 8S, iOS 12.4.1).
beholder

additional skill points added to Disarm Traps and First Aid with no apparent reason

Post by beholder » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 pm

So I am not sure if I am on track of something here but my current character build seems to have gotten some First Aid skill points and some Disarm Traps skill points for no apparent reason. Really, now when I reset skill points (like I just did), the above mentioned skills are reset to 5 and 6 respectively. Not to 0.

I don't know what to attribute this to. The only thing that comes to my mind is to ask if there is any automatic adding to these two skills when character is leveling up to and above level 30. Is there?

If not, then it's probably a bug. All I can tell is that I have things in inventory increasing these skills both by 5 points (but the things are pretty much never equipped, only at special ocassions). If the First Aid skill was 1 at the beginning of the game (I am not sure) then it could be that at some point the skill points were added to the character from the items in inventory (perhaps at an ocassion when they were equipped). I have never resetted a character before and the addition of the skill points seems to have been active BEFORE the actual reset (as I can see from saves).

Here is the screenshot, although I am not sure if it helps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZrB-K ... ALMJAEDTp8
Mario

Re: additional skill points added to Disarm Traps and First Aid with no apparent reason

Post by Mario » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:07 pm

when resetting the skills, the value is set to zero - and equipped items are added.
Perhaps I can find out what the reason is in your special case. Please send me that save game (Options -> Touch Title -> E-Mail Savegame) so that I can look into it.

Thank you very much
Mario
Author of Lootbox RPG and Silversword.
beholder

Re: additional skill points added to Disarm Traps and First Aid with no apparent reason

Post by beholder » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Sent you both non-bugged and bugged savegame. Interesting thing is that First Aid got again buffed in between these posts by at least 1 additional point (it has now 7 buff and 0 real skill points), which is super weird and completely lovely at the same time. Seems like the bug is still ON.

BTW, I had to reset the character skills at least one more time because I forgot to up the Con last time and at the same time forgot to add at least 1 skill point to Higher Magic. Maybe it has something to do with the resetting after all..
Mario

Post by Mario » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:28 am

Sorry for the confusion. It is not a bug, it is merely a lack of description.

Strength / 2 is added to Melee Skill.
Dexterity / 2 is added to Defense Skill.
Dexterity / 2 is added to Ranged Skill.
Intelligence / 2 is added to First Aid Skill.
Luck / 2 is added to Sense Traps Skill.
Willpower / 2 is added to Disarm Traps Skill.

I will update the Tooltips accordingly.

kind regards
Mario
Author of Lootbox RPG and Silversword.