A few bugs I've noticed

You have found a bug in the game? You can report it here! Please provide your device and your OS (e.g. Samsung XII, Android 7.2.1 or iPhone 8S, iOS 12.4.1).
NekoPawtato

A few bugs I've noticed

Post by NekoPawtato » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:30 am

Didn't want to make multiple threads so I figure I'll post them all here
In summary:
1. Minion returns early if you load a save or descend stairs while it's out selling items
2. Potion quantity in hotkey does not update amount in hotkey when used
3. AC bonus in equipment aren't being applied
4. Exiting Mountain Passage towards Grasslands will prompt you to go into the passage again
5. Stunned status missing description
6. Audio overlaps when entering Gothland while sound for Evil Throne Room is active
7. Line of sight behavior inconsistent
8. Loading save will always place Minion in same square as player

The details:
Minion returns early if you load a save or descend stairs while it's out selling items
Steps:
1. Trade with Minion and give it some items to sell (in this case I used the duck)
2. Send Minion off to sell items. When you click on the Minion icon it should tell you how many rounds it will come back in
3. Create a savepoint
4. Load savepoint from previous step
When the save is loaded your Minion is beside you. Clicking on the Minion icon does not tell you when the Minion will come back, but if you walk around long enough it will make the sound and the message saying the Minion came back (even though they were walking with you the whole time)

The same behavior can be observed if you're in a dungeon and descend down the stairs instead of reloading a save.

Potion quantity in hotkey does not update amount in hotkey when used
If you assign potions to your hotkey, it tells you how many you have in the hotkey slot (ex: 13). Tapping on it will use up a potion, but it will not decrement the amount in the hotkeys, which is misleading

AC bonus in equipment aren't being applied
I notice if I have an equipment that has AC + # with an additional AC bonus in parenthesis, the AC in parenthesis isn't getting applied.
See below screenshot, the shield has AC + 2 with an additional AC + 1, but on the bottom right my total AC is still only 2

Exiting Mountain Passage towards Grasslands will prompt you to go into the passage again
Basically if you are in the Mountain Passage going towards the exit to Grasslands of Gothland, it will immediately ask if you want to enter the Mountain Passage once you arrive at the grasslands

Stunned status missing description
Got stunned by a rock but tapping on the status provides no information

Audio overlaps when entering Gothland while sound for Evil Throne Room is active
Basically if you're in the evil throne room when the music starts and take the shortcut to Gothland, the Gothland music will play while the music from the evil throne room is playing

Line of sight behavior inconsistent
It's a bit hard to explain so I took some screenshots.
If you are trying to aim at an enemy 2 squares the bottom and 1 square to the right, with an obstacle directly below you, it tells you that there's no line of sight. However if you flip this orientation 90 degrees clockwise, enemy 2 squares to the left and 1 square to the bottom, with obstacle directly to the left of you, it hits.

Invalid line of sight

Valid line of sight, orientation flipped 90 degrees

Loading save will always place Minion in same square as player
I sort of noticed this while trying to get screenshots for #7, but I notice reloading the save does not respect the Minion's previous location, the Minion will always spawn in the same square as the player regardless of where the Minion previously was.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I know it was a long list... I love this game and hope this was useful in helping improve the game :D
NekoPawtato

Re: A few bugs I've noticed

Post by NekoPawtato » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:51 am

Had to edit the post a couple times to add some more, but I think that's all from me for now!
Mario

Re: A few bugs I've noticed

Post by Mario » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Thanks a ton!

Will take care of it as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Mario
Author of Lootbox RPG and Silversword.