Bad Duping Bug

You have found a bug in the game? You can report it here! Please provide your device and your OS (e.g. Samsung XII, Android 7.2.1 or iPhone 8S, iOS 12.4.1).
NowThenGoodBad

Bad Duping Bug

Post by NowThenGoodBad » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:33 pm

Mario,

I hadn't been approved on the forums when I found a first duping bug: if there were 3-4 or more of the same item on the ground in the same spot, rapidly tapping on the items would cause you to gain them in great amounts in your inventory. Until the game was saved and loaded again, these would typically act as copies of the same items so if you used one, let's say a potion, and all stacks had 99, all stacks would have 98. However, upon saving and loading they would be solidified as separate items.

I believe that first dupe bug was fixed (I haven't been able to reproduce it especially since same items get stacked on the ground).

However, in trying to reproduce that glitch I came across a new one:

If a stack of 99 of an item is dropped onto another not 99 stack of that item onto the ground, it will duplicate the stacks.

At first you get 4, I assume you get 8 after that but I didn't go that deep.

However, and I haven't figured out how this is working, but doing this can cause some corruption? And the stacks go to 0. Those stacks seemed to multiply themselves to the point that I can no longer pick up all the items and get rid of them.

In your inventory, you can select and combine the duplicated stacks and most of them will yield items without an item count:

Going back to gaming through the 90s and finding things like the dupe trick in diablo is always an exciting and rewarding discovery. They are also tricks to be respected while enjoyed.

With lootbox, I had already saved up many stacks of items and more gold than I could use, and so this glitch was an amusing surprised (could have been helpful earlier during grinding, but I'm glad I didn't have that, the grind made the journey rewarding).

Mario, let me know if there's anything else I could share to help you reproduce that if my description and pictures aren't sufficient.
Mario

Re: Bad Duping Bug

Post by Mario » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:00 pm

Hi there,

thanks for reporting this issue :-)

I will try to reproduce it and of course fix it.

kind regards
Mario

P.S. Great job, great effort. Thank you very much!
Author of Lootbox RPG and Silversword.
Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:17 am

Can you send me your save game by chance where you got that full inventory of potions?
I cannot actually reproduce it.

Bought several stacks of food but they dropped and stacked nicely.

Thank you!
kind regards
Mario
Author of Lootbox RPG and Silversword.
rasoir0591

Post by rasoir0591 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:44 am

I send You email.