Entities overlapping after 10 minute monster respawn.

You have found a bug in the game? You can report it here! Please provide your device and your OS (e.g. Samsung XII, Android 7.2.1 or iPhone 8S, iOS 12.4.1).
Qzhuo

Entities overlapping after 10 minute monster respawn.

Post by Qzhuo » Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 am

As title says, sometimes a monster would respawn on top of a monster or a monster respawns on top of a player after the 10 minute mark has passed. Additionally, if the monsters are adjacent to a player (not sure about ranged, but I assume that it will be the same case) and they attack him, they will remain overlapped (counts as a flanking crit too!). Sorry, I forgot to screenshot it but I'll try again to see if it happens.

My guess to a possible cause: I think that when a dungeon floor loads, there are designated spawn zones for certain enemies (i.e. a mob is assigned a room to spawn in and each tile of that room is a possible spawn location). When a player is in the said room, there is a slight chance that the monster happens to choose the tile same tile as the player because it is still seen as spawnable.

Only after the player does an action will the game update and check for monster actions, with attack being the higher priority since they are full HP and won't flee, which is why when the monsters attack they stay overlapped. If there is no attack path possible, they move and only after the game checks for collisions, thus separating the monsters. Gameplay resumes as normal afterwards.

Edit: Just stumbled upon this same bug when exiting a dungeon.

Edit 2: This also happened where the enemy spawned on me during an ambush where I was cornered. I killed the enemies that cornered me but the Fairy that ambushed me was invulnerable and untargetable. If I tapped on its square to attack I would walk into that square and continued getting attacked.
Last edited by Qzhuo on Tue May 19, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mario

Re: Entities overlapping after 10 minute monster respawn.

Post by Mario » Mon May 18, 2020 8:21 am

Hi there,

thank you very much for reporting this. The mechanism that should prevent this behaviour seems to be broken, shame on me.
Will fix this asap.

kind regards
Mario
Author of Lootbox RPG and Silversword.
Qzhuo

Re: Entities overlapping after 10 minute monster respawn.

Post by Qzhuo » Mon May 18, 2020 8:29 am

Shame! I'm sure Grumpy Daddy would be very upset to hear about this