- Dad will now give a hint where to look for a present
- The novice runeboard will now be added to the inventory upon loading a game, when you already defeated the gravelord but got no runeboard
- The path to the pirate’s cove is now wider so that you won’t be trapped by any creature outside (if you happen to get stuck because you have more than one enemy on your heels, you’re out of luck – sorry!)
Rejoice! More fixes are here 🙂
- The Novice Runeboard will now be dropped by the Gravelord. If you have already defeated him and got no Runeboard, your dad will give it to you as long as you don’t have completed the tunnels yet.
- Splitting items will no longer make them unusable.
- Some bugs in the quest sequence were fixed.
After some months of development, the eagerly awaited big update is finally coming live!
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT LOADING OLD SAVE GAMES WILL NOT WORK!
This might be frustrating for some of you, but it was necessary due to the many changes that needed to be made. I am very sorry for this.
With the next version of Lootbox RPG, the self-called “satisfying” Dungeon Crawler, quite a bunch of new features will be introduced:
- a stationary treasure chest the player can access from different places
- a trade-skilling system with which the player can craft items from various resources
- the missing part of the main quest (why is dad so grumpy?)
- the ability to send your (magically enhanced) pet to the next merchant to sell your goods
- Zombie Mode – for automatic dungeon grinding
- the new power rune III – which will introduce some new spells that last indefinitely
- a spell for opening chests 😉
- several recipes for new cool equipment
- a spell to call a merchant by your side in times of need
- a mining skill that enables you to harvest resources
- better handling of save games – protection for overwriting save games with further progression than your actual game
- more UI sounds
- many bug fixes and enhancements to the game mechanics
Because of the many changes in almost every aspect of the game, it is strongly recommended that you start a new game with a fresh character. Old save games might become corrupt and you probably won’t be able to continue in your quest(s). I am sorry for this, but I am sure that you will have fun exploring the new game mechanics from the ground up.
For those of you who wonder why I don’t release the many improvements you’ve wished for immediately, here is the explanation.
With the next update I want to provide more content. More content means more dungeons and more locations you can visit. More dungeons mean more creatures, more items… and probably more spells, traps, magic effects and the like. This takes time. To prepare for the new content and for the ideas I want to implement, I have to test the game mechanisms over and over (hey, want to test the game before others do?) and fix several bugs that are reported via mail or on the forums.
For sure, the following things will change with the next update (no liability for completeness):
- Attack/Defense penalty when being in a lit area without a light effect active will be fixed
- You will get a fixed treasure chest in your room (the starting room) where you can drop items securely and access them later (even in dungeons via a special spell)
- Items can be combined to create something new
- Recipes can be found or learned by trying things out
- Zombie Mode (automatic dungeon crawling)
- Open Chest spell
- Endless magic light that detects nearby traps automatically
- Merchant spell to call a merchant by your side in dungeons
- Pet enchanting spell that will teach your pet how to sell the items it carries and return with the gold
- Better error handling during creation of dungeon levels
- Items will now be traded/dropped/picked up as a whole stack
- You can split an item stack in your inventory
- New skill “Mining” that enables you to mine for ore (used for creating things) in real-time (you have to wait real-time to receive ore) – and NO! this can’t be sped up by spending money / IAP / virtual gold whatever
- More UI sounds
- Better display of ranged attacks
- Portrait mode only (Landscape mode will be disabled, I think that’s ok)
- Better Load/Save handling (fix for save slots being messed up, prevention of accidentally overwriting savegames where you have made further progress than in the actual game)
- Magic spells / Firebolt spells will be mitigated by Willpower, not by AC
- Saving will be disabled in certain dungeons
- Much more… 🙂
Thank you very much!
The old wpForo forum was put down due to massive spam attacks and no reasonable way of controlling it. Now a new phpBB forum has been set up for your talking pleasure. Enjoy!
Lootbox RPG will be free to download from September 1st until September 8th. Enjoy free dungeon crawling for the next days. Hint: the duck pet can be found in the Goblin Tunnels.
With the next update, the bug when trading a stackable item with your pet will be fixed. Sorry for that. In addition, some enhancements for moving whole items stacks are in planning. Hopefully I will get it to work as intended. As for the crafting… it looks very promising, right now I am betatesting the mechanics. Stay tuned and thanks for playing!
Just finished the construct/deconstruct mechanism for creating your very own magical items. In addition, more hints regarding spells have been added and some more monsters and items are waiting to be discovered. Everything will be in (one of) the coming update(s)!
As some of you might have noticed, there are a couple of errors in 1.7. Trading magic items with your pet will remove that magic and running into various traps will create wrong effects.
This will be fixed with 1.8 which will be released within the next days.
Thank you for your patience